Turath Scholarship Fund
“Invest in our Communities”
Hope you are in the best of health and imaan
No Muslim would doubt the importance of gaining Islamic knowledge, its virtues and the benefits it provides not just for those sincere determined individuals but for the local community as well. Such individuals require help in a number of ways – financial support, contacts, access to teachers, and careers guidance. Turath Publishing is committed to education in its widest possible sense and encourages Muslims in Britain to invest in building a lasting community infrastructure of learned scholars. We are hoping to initiate this project by:
• Acting as a supporting interface in helping individuals network with other educational organisations
• Provide financial help to individuals across the UK who have a clear proposal indicating a specific need in their local community which they are willing to offer.
• Getting advice from scholars, community leaders, heads of Muslim organisations and Islamic Seminaries from across the country
• Setting up an online forum for open discussions/suggestions made by benefactors and advisors about potential applicants and their proposals
How we think you can help:
• If you are an Islamic educational organisation then it would be helpful if you can send us a summary of any training/teaching opportunities that you may be willing to offer. Any fees can be subsidised for the student by the Turath Scholarship Fund.
• If 100 people could donate as little as £5 per month we can initiate this project with an annual income of £6000 which can begin to make an impact in communities throughout the whole of UK.
Dr Imran Satia
Guidelines and Eligibility Criteria for Turath Scholarship Fund
Turath Publishing invites applications for focused, determined individuals hoping to study any aspect of the Islamic Sciences outside of their university degree. After completing the proposed study, students will be expected to write an end of study report and to go on to teach others in their respective communities within the UK.
Students may be interested in studying in this country or abroad and may take various forms. Examples include:
1. Travelling to abroad to learn Arabic/Tajweed/Hadith etc.
2. Attending long term classes or weekend courses in this country with different Islamic educational organisations: Al-Kawthar, Ibn Jabal, Al Furqan Foundation, Tayyibun Institute, Habiba Institute.
3. Spending the summer holidays in a traditional Islamic Madrassah in the UK.
4. Spending time under the tutelage of a well known scholar
To be eligible for a scholarship you must:
1. Be a UK citizen
2. Be between the ages of 18-24.
3. Preferably hold a degree from a good UK university with at least a 2.1 grading
4. Be committed to studying your chosen discipline for a prolonged period of time
5. Demonstrate some teaching experience
The amount of funding each successful applicant receives will be reviewed by the trustees and administration. The level of funding available is dependent on the amount of money the fund holds at any given time and the number of students being supported at any given time. Upper limits of funding exist for all scholarships and may change after discussion with our trustees/advisors.
Students most in need of financial assistance will be given priority when scholarships are awarded. It is hoped that those students who are financially stable and not in need of any support will avoid applying for funding with the intention of allowing those genuinely in need to benefit from the funds available. Applicants may be requested to forward copies of bank statements though this is to be extremely rare. Furthermore, preference will be given to those individuals who have attended courses held by Turath Publishing previously.
Applications must be completed online before the deadline date. Shortlisted candidates will then be requested references and their proposals discussed with our advisors and trustees. Candidates may be interviewed in person or over the phone. Successful candidates will be informed of the decision within 30 days of the deadline date.
Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Imran Satia
To apply please download the form here complete and email to email@example.com